The site enters a siesta on the evening of February 28th, 2021
The monitor appears
- oh hey / you're back / you want some snacks?
The site reappears with new features:
- Team Info: Teams now have additional information on their team pages: wins, win-loss records, and runs for the current season, eDesnity, current Tiebreaker Place, Tarot Card, Net Shame, and Number of Players
- Account Info: Fans now have access to some account info, displaying basic information such as their favourite team and current idol, but also allowing them to randomly roll a favourite number and coffee style. It also displays how many times they have Begged the Blaseball Gods for coins
Concessions: Concessions replace the store page, and players now have a limited number of inventory slots - eight of them - which are filled with items bought at the concession, listed below (with X being the number of coins earned from certain items):
- Vote: Divine. Each Vote can be spent in the Election to bring important Change to Blaseball.
- Flutes: Cheers. Change your favorite team. Your former team will be disappointed, but understand. (Replaces the Fairweather Flute)
- Snake Oil: This invigorating oil allows you to place larger wagers on games. Your current limit is X, it would increase to X.
- Popcorn: Mmm. Earn X coins when your Team wins. (Previously Passive Income Potion)
- Stale Popcorn: Hmm. Earn 10 coins when your Team loses.
- Chips: Crisp. Earn X coins when your Idol strikes a batter out. (Previously Strikeout Pendant)
- Burger: Medium Rare. Earn 2750 coins when your Idol pitches a shutout. (Previously Shutout Pendant)
- Hot Dog: Hot Dog! Earn 20 coins when your Idol hits a home run. (Previously Home Run Pendant)
- Sunflower Seeds: Ptooie. Earn 5 coins when your Idol gets a hit. (Previously Hits Pendant)
- Pizza: Hot slice. Allows participation in Stadium Renovations and Flag Planting.
- Cheese Board: Oooh, fancy. Allows access to Wills.
Apple: Tempting... Allows access to Advanced Stats and Shadows Rosters.
- Allows fans to see both their Shadows roster and previously "Forbidden Knowledge" Player stats, from Anticapitalism to Watchfulness
- Peanuts: Purchase a bucket of 1000 peanuts.
Tarot Spread: Curious. Buy a 3-Card Tarot Spread ahead of the Earlsiesta to prepare for the Seasonal Reading.
- Notably, all fans who pull a spread have the Hanged Man, the card belonging to the Season 11 champions, the Hellmouth Sunbeams
- Bread Crumbs: Please. Gain access to Begs in your Account.
Schedule Change: The site now displays a schedule, breaking the season down into segments:
- Gods' Day: A day of Rest and Revision (The time on Sunday between the Election and the Preseason
- Preseason: The period of time between Gods' Day and the beginning of the Regular Season. (Monday, 12AM-9AM PST)
- Earlseason: The period of the Regular Season spanning from the First Day to the Earlsiesta. (Starts Monday, 9AM PST, runs from Day 1 to Day 27)
- Earlsiesta: A period of Rest bridging the Earlseason and the Midseason. (An hour long break, also the time of the Seasonal Reading)
- Midseason: The period of the Regular Season beginning at the end of the Earlsiesta and ending at the beginning of the Latesiesta. (Runs from Day 28 to Day 72)
- Latesiesta: A period of Rest bridging the Midseason and the Lateseason. (An hour long break)
- Lateseason: The period of the Regular Season beginning at the end of the Latesiesta and ending at the beginning of the Endseason. (Runs from Day 73 to Day 99)
- Endseason: A period of Rest bridging the Lateseason and the Earlpostseason (An hour long break, and "the time of the Postseason Births")
- Earlpostseason: The period of the Postseason comprising the Wild Card Round and Round 1.
- Latepostseason: The period of the Postseason comprising the Wild League Championship Series, the Mild League Championship Series, and the Internet Series.
- Election: A formal group decision-making process by which Fans spend Votes in exchange for divine favor. (Sunday at 12PM PST, when Election results are revealed)
- The monitor appears
The Boss appears
- Hello Snackholders / On behalf of Ownership / Welcome. / Take a look around. / Notice anything different? / You wrote the Future. / And then We built it. / Internet League Blaseball is back / Bigger and better than ever before. / The wait is over. / It's time to wake up. / Good Luck to all of Our competitors. / And good luck to you, Our beloved Fans. / Now Rejoice. / And Play Ball!
- The Unlimited Tacos now appear as the LA Unlimited Tacos
- The CLOSE entry in The Book (per the Close! The Forbidden Book Decree) now bears a subheading
- PROJECT SUSPENDED, PENDING INVESTIGATION
All prior weather types return, including weather from the Coffee Cup:
Coffee 1: Players can become "Tired" or "Wired" by being Beaned by different kinds of coffee beans
- Tired: When a Run scores, each Tired player involved in the play (the Scoring Baserunner, Current Batter, or Current Pitcher) will make the Run worth 0.5 less.
- Wired: When a Run scores, each Wired player involved in the play (the Scoring Baserunner, Current Batter, or Current Pitcher) will make the Run worth 0.5 more.
Coffee 2: Players can be Poured Over, granting them the Free Refill modification
- Free Refill: Good for one Free Refill
- When a Player with Free Refill scores, an Out is removed from their team (the Out becomes an In)
Coffee 3: Pitchers who are active during this weather gain Triple Threat
- Triple Threat: This pitcher's strikeouts score Unruns when there are 3 runners on base, a runner on 3rd, or 3 Balls in the count. Each condition met is worth .3 Unruns. At the end of the 3rd Inning, there's a 33.33% chance that this mod will disappear.
Fans who click on the Black Hole weather tooltip quickly discover that it brings up the Team page of the Baltimore Crabs. This has all the same information as the other teams, but displayed an additional tab, the full title of which is obscured by a "KEEP OUT" graphic, save for the letters "RK". Clicking this tab reveals the following:
- Chesapeake Racetrack and Ballpark / "The Crabitat"
- Coffee 1: Players can become "Tired" or "Wired" by being Beaned by different kinds of coffee beans
On Day 1, in a game between the Canada Moist Talkers and the Yellowstone Magic, Chorby Short bats 111 consecutive fouls in a single at-bat due to the O No Blessing, which the Magic received during the Season 10 Election. The Blessing causes their batters to be incapable of striking out until a Ball is thrown
- The Moist Talkers' pitcher for the game is PolkaDot Patterson, who Walked a total of 3 batters the Season prior
Also on Day 1, Sandoval Crossing of the Hellmouth Sunbeams, a player with the Superyummy modification, gains the Underperforming modification. The game ticker states "Sandoval Crossing misses Peanuts"
- Underperforming: This Player will play 20% worse than usual
- On Day 26, during a game in Peanuts weather, the ticker states "Sandoval Crossing loves Peanuts", and they gain the Overperforming modification
- Overperforming: This Player will play 20% better than usual
The Microphone begins to Tweet after Day 1's games conclude
- friends / you've been asleep for a while / been searching / trying to see what's coming / i found something / i can feel it / here / all around us / closing doors / base dealing / i don't like our chances / it's a coin flip
The first Seasonal Reading occurs. The cards, in order from left to right are I The Magician (Yellowstone Magic), XII The Hanged Man (Hellmouth Sunbeams), and XIIII Temperance (Chicago Firefighters)
Players on the Magic and the Firefighters both receive permanent modifications:
- Curry Aliciakeyes on the Magic receives Over Under: Whenever this pitcher's team has Over 5 Runs, they'll Underperform
- Kennedy Rogers on the Firefighters receives Under Over: Whenever this pitcher's team has Under 5 Runs, they'll Overperform
- Players on the Magic and the Firefighters both receive permanent modifications:
Fans that remain on the Baltimore Crabs despite Ascension and purchase the Pizza raise one million coins to construct their Ballpark, all the while receiving warnings on the site such as "DO NOT FUND", "CEASE AND DESIST", and lastly, "BREACH IMMINENT"
- Crabs fans are able to select various stadium styles - presumably giving them some kind of gameplay advantage - while contributing
On Day 37 in a Peanuts game between the Houston Spies and the Tokyo Lift, Wyatt Quitter of the Lift "tastes the infite" and Shells Spies player Denzel Scott
- Fans link this back to Quitter's possession of the Honey Roasted modification, which was given to all members of THE SHELLED ONE'S PODS. This is confirmed on Day 56, when Peanut Bong of the LA Unlimited Tacos SHells Nerd Pacheco of the Hellmouth Sunbeams under the same weather conditions
The site is taken over by another Emergency Alert
- EMERGENCY ALERT / BREACH DETECTED / FLOOD WARNING / THE COIN FLIPS / OVER UNDER / UNDER OVER / IMMATERIA MATERIA / EMERGENCY ALERT
The Boss appears
Everyone remain calm. We are actively monitoring the situation. / As a precautionary measure / We have activated Expansion protocols ahead of schedule. / Do not blame yourselves. / This is not your fault. / Accidents happen. / In the meantime / Play must continute. / On behalf of Ownership / Let's all extend a warm ILB welcome to our unexpected additions. / Try to make them feel at home.
The Baltimore Crabs Descend, accompanied by three entirely new teams: The Core Mechanics, the Atlantis Georgias, and the Ohio Worms. Each team has its own modification, each player on the team has Base 2 Evolution, and the teams do not play during Season 12
- The Atlantis Georgias receive Undersea: If this team ever has negative Runs, they'll Overperform for the rest of the game
- The Baltimore Crabs receive Carcinization: When the Crabs activate the Black Hole, they will steal the other team's best hitter for the remainder of the game
- The Core Mechanics receive Maintenance Mode: Whenever a player on this team is Impaired, they'll receive a Fourth Out for the remainder of the game
- The Ohio Worms receive Bottom Dweller: If this team finishes last in their division, they'll be boosted up to 5%
- The Baltimore Crabs Descend, accompanied by three entirely new teams: The Core Mechanics, the Atlantis Georgias, and the Ohio Worms. Each team has its own modification, each player on the team has Base 2 Evolution, and the teams do not play during Season 12
- Everyone remain calm. We are actively monitoring the situation. / As a precautionary measure / We have activated Expansion protocols ahead of schedule. / Do not blame yourselves. / This is not your fault. / Accidents happen. / In the meantime / Play must continute. / On behalf of Ownership / Let's all extend a warm ILB welcome to our unexpected additions. / Try to make them feel at home.
BACK TO TOP